A Lively Voice:
Comedy, Rhythm and Mews
A voice that can wear as many hats as she has cats.
ISN’T IT A LIVELY DAY?
Anna Lively celebrates the music and career of the one and only Doris Day!
Why Doris Day? Her story is fascinating… and the music… This show can be done with a piano, trio, or larger band. It runs just at one hour.
- She was the first female “crossover” artist – Big Band Singer, Recording Artist, Movie Star, TV Celebrity.
- She accomplished more by the age of 18 than some do in a lifetime.
- She was a great interpreter of the lyric, which is why she was such a great actress.
- She recorded over 1000 songs, some of which are a permanent part of our culture.
AN IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: Wherever I do the show, I donate part of my proceeds to a LOCAL dog and cat rescue group — in the town/neighborhood. And I promote and set up a donation area at the venue and encourage people to bring toys, towels, blankets, food or extra $ to donate directly to the animals as well. That’s the true spirit of Doris…and me!
Anna has multiple one-woman shows that can be performed in your venue.
- Put ‘Em In A Box, (Tie It With A Ribbon…)
- Sentimental Journey
- My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time/It Could Happen To You/Aren’t You Glad You’re You?
- The Deadwood Stage/Secret Love
- A Guy Is A Guy
- If I Give My Heart To You
- Lover, Come Back/Please Don’t Eat The Daisies/Pillow Talk
- There Once Was A Man…
- Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
- Everybody Loves A Lover
- I’ll Never Stop Loving You/Ten Cents A Dance
- It’s Magic
- AND a SURPRISE ENCORE!!!
Thoroughly entertaining… [with] a beautiful voice and a personality brimming with humor.
– Les Traub, Cabaret Hotline
This very pretty Texas import is tall, blonde, and full of rare talent… she’s vital, she’s intelligent, with a penchant for comedy and a great soprano belt… [an] understanding that belies her years… a true flair for comic timing…
– John Hoaglund, New York Native
This show takes you on a joyous adventure through Doris’ biggest hits, from her wonderful movies to her over 1100 recordings. Anna, who has a tremendous feel and passion for this music, brings Doris’ fascinating story to life, with all its twists and turns, near misses, triumphs and tragedies. You’ll leave not only humming the tunes, but amazed at the things you never knew about Doris Day!